Hi, I’m Alex and I love to share my experience and suggestions to manage the humidity levels in any area, maybe it’s your home. I...Read more
Today we discuss battery operated dehumidifier for gun safe. If you have a gun safe it is important to keep the humidity down at all times. A lot of people forget that guns can rust and this will cause them to malfunction if not do some serious damage. There are many different ways that you can control your humidity levels, but one of the most popular options is purchasing a battery-operated dehumidifier. In this blog post, we will go over the top 3 battery operated dehumidifiers for gun safes so you can find which one would work best for your needs!
5 benefits of using dehumidifier in gun safe:
- Dehumidifiers reduce the humidity levels in the air, which can help keep your guns rust-free
- Protecting your firearm with a dehumidifier will increase its value because it will last longer than if you didn’t use one
- Using a dehumidifier ensures that when you open up your safe, all of your firearms are dry and ready for use
- Dehumidifiers also protect against corrosion by removing moisture from the air
- If you have any other valuables stored inside of your gun safe, they’ll be protected too!
- Reduces gun cleaning time by absorbing moisture before it can get on the weapon’s surface
- 5 benefits of using dehumidifier in gun safe:
- 3 battery operated dehumidifier for gun safe
- downsides of battery operated dehumidifier:
- Final words:
3 battery operated dehumidifier for gun safe
1.Pro Breeze Wireless Mini Dehumidifier:
The Pro Breeze Rechargeable Dehumidifier uses regenerative spinning technology to silently and effectively remove moisture from the air. It holds up to 5 ounces of moisture and can last anywhere from 20 to 30 days (depending on the room’s temperature) before requiring recharging.
- Non-toxic, safe around children and pets, spill and mess free
- Works in areas up to 333 cubic feet and lasts 20-30 days before renewing
- Renewable, rechargeable and wireless
- Ideal for small spaces such as wardrobes, cabinets, jewelry boxes and gym bags
- No batteries or cables needed – this mini dehumidifier is 100% cordless!
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7.3 x 6 x 2 inches|
|Item Weight||0.43 Kilograms|
2.Hornady Rechargeable Dehumidifier 95900:
Hornady’s Rechargeable dehumidifier is a must-have for any gun safe! It will remove the moisture from your firearm, preventing corrosion and preserving its value. This product also comes with silica gel so that it can absorb excess humidity in cabinets or closets where you store firearms as well.
3.Big Betty Ultra High Capacity Gun Safe Dehumidifier:
Though it’s not battery operated we put this in this shortlist of battery operated dehumidifier for gun safe for its usefulness. Big Betty Ultra High Capacity Gun Safe Dehumidifier has enough drying capacity for even the largest gun safes. Easily rechargeable in a home convection oven, it can absorb almost one full pound of water vapor. This unit includes a 6-spot humidity indicator card to let you know when it is time to recharge.
downsides of battery operated dehumidifier:
- Battery operated dehumidifiers are not as powerful as electric units
- They have a shorter life span than their electric counterparts
- You need to buy new batteries every few months depending on how often you use it
- Batteries can be difficult to find and purchase if your battery dies unexpectedly
- Sometimes it takes a while for the battery operated dehumidifier to work properly, so you may have to wait an hour or two before seeing results.
why to use battery operated dehumidifier in a gun safe?
A gun safe is a moisture-prone environment – if you keep firearms in storage there, you’ll need to ensure that they’re never exposed to the possibility of rusting up. If you do not use a battery-operated dehumidifier in a gun safe, the moisture will start to corrode the metal and rust the metal sheets. you may use desiccants also for this job. A desiccant will do an excellent job of pulling moisture from the air by releasing it back into the atmosphere.
if you store your guns in a basement or other area with high humidity throughout the year and want to use it as storage space, then battery operated dehumidifier may be best because they don’t require power to run. If there’s no electricity available at your location, these units won’t operate either so this type of humidifier would only work when plugged into an outlet.