- Best Homemade Moisture Absorber For Car:
- Some Usual Moisture Absorber For Car:
Condensation inside the car is a very common thing if you live in a humid area. Everyone has to deal with at least some degree of moisture inside their cars. There are various ways moisture can enter your car. This ultimately can result in dampness, mold, pungent smell, and many other issues. So it’s very essential to dehumidify the air inside your car to prevent any sort of further troubles. here we will tell you about Homemade Moisture Absorber For Car. If you see your cupholders and windshield fogging up frequently, it’s mostly due to the moisture inside your car.
Best Homemade Moisture Absorber For Car:
Common reasons of the foggy air inside your car:
The moisture build-up is a result of leaving damp clothing, pet, food, and beverages, etc inside your car. The issue of condensation cannot be solved entirely. But at least we can keep a dehumidifier or moisture absorber inside the car to prevent frequent condensation. Well some of us might also want to opt for different homemade moisture absorbers for our cars.
If you are looking for a homemade moisture absorber made from scratch, this article is for you.
Common homemade moisture absorber for car:
The first and foremost step before bringing any absorber in is turning on the car’s AC or air defroster if available. There are usually vents beside the car doors that help in maintaining the pressure inside of your car. By turning the AC on from time to time, you are forcing moisture removal out the vehicle.
If you do not want to spend your valuable bucks on a dehumidifier there are a handful of budget alternatives to absorb moisture in a rather effective way. Baking soda, table salt, rock salt, silica gel, bentonite clay etc work amazingly to draw out moisture from the air inside of a closed space. Let’s jump right onto how to use some of the above mentioned absorbents effectively.
Baking soda and table salt:
These two have been working as a holy grail DIY moisture absorber for a long time. Both of these are regularly used items.
Take either of these in a fairly medium plastic container. Cover the container with a stretchy piece of garment (eg. an old t-shirt or sock) whichever comes in handy. Keep that container under your seat or near the vent.
Bentonite clay or cat litter:
This one might surprise you a bit. Bentonite clay is a very absorbent substance found naturally. It’s mostly used in making cat litter. So for those of you with a little pet friend, cat litter would be an easily available DIY moisture absorbent for your car.
Toss a handful of cat litter inside an old sock and layer it up with another sock. Tie a tight knot at its end. Keep the small sack on your dashboard to prevent foggy windshield and windows.
You can save up small packs of silica gel which comes with bags and shoes. Use them in plenty to prevent moisture.
Rock salt and calcium chloride:
These two are not as common as the other absorbers mentioned above. But both of them are also very inexpensive and easy to use. Fill up a small plastic container with either of these two and close the lid. Poke a few holes on the lid so that the moisture is drawn through. Keep the container in a safe place inside the car.
Some Usual Moisture Absorber For Car:
1.Zarpax Reusable 2-Pack Dehumidifier:
- CONVENIENT. Quickly and...
- RECHARGEABLE. Simply put the...
- NO LEAKS. Will never leak or...
- INDICATOR. Moisture indicators...
- COMPACT. Zarpax easily fits in...
Features of Zarpax Reusable Dehumidifier:
- The dehumidifier is easy to use and can quickly and efficiently eliminate moisture.
- You Simply put the Zarpax Auto Dehumidifier in the microwave for 6 minutes. after that you the dehumidifier is reusable again.
- Zarpax Auto Dehumidifier will never leak or leave stains that might cause damage to your car interior.
- It has an indicator. The indicator turns pink when it needs to be recharged and will turn blue when it is done being charged.
- this has a Carbon-fiber print design that will look great in any modern car interior. it easily fits on the front panel, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
- Finally, it has not used any harmful chemical for you as well as your child. so it’s safe for use in any way.
2.Barska Safe Moisture Absorber Dehumidifier:
3.OLIVIA & AIDEN Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifying Bags:
- GREAT VALUE PACK: Olivia’s...
- ODOR ELIMINATORS: Bamboo...
- AIR FRESHENER AND MOISTURE...
- LONG LASTING: Placing...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We...
Do not forget to replace the absorbents after they have clumped up and got soggy to prevent any kind of spill inside the car. Make sure the absorbents containing chemical additives are out of the reach of children and pets. Try to air your vehicle once a month making sure all the vents are open in between.