Hi, I’m Alex and I love to share my experience and suggestions to manage the humidity levels in any area, maybe it’s your home. I...Read more
Cool mist humidifier has become a popular way to increase the humidity but not the temperature. You may find lots of brands out there that deliver cool mist humidifiers. But this Crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier review will help you to choose one.
The Crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier has come with a tap that is small in size, which works well if you want to remove it from the way. The designs are beautiful with a simplified look.
The working system is simple enough. Filling and cleaning the tank turned out to be quite straightforward. I like how the mist from this device gets into the air because you can keep your hand above the hole and feel the humidity and ensure that your humidifier is working.
Some people say that this device makes things very wet. I agree with them to some extent, because the floor around this humidifier can sometimes feel a little damp. Dampness was never enough to annoy you, but you should be aware.
I think the only drawback of this humidifier is the volume of water. It contains only a gallon of water. It can run in the tank for 24 hours.
Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Reviews
The following points will explore the details of the Crane ultrasonic humidifier that will help you to make up your mind about do you really choose this cool-mist humidifier or not.
Special Features of Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- A tank of 1 gallon: A removable 1-gallon tank can be filled quickly under most bathroom sinks and allows you to whisper for up to 24 hours.
- A sound sleep: The ultrasonic cool mist effectively moisturizes up to 500 square feet for a natural and relaxing sleep.
- Easy control of mold and bacteria: Antimicrobial material reduces the growth of fungi and bacteria to 99.96%.
- Auto switched off and on: The humidifier shuts off automatically when the water level is low.
- No need for a filter: You need not look for a filter for this humidifier, but you can purchase and use demineralization filters with this hard water domestic appliance.
Why the Crane Ultrasonic Cool-Mist Humidifier?
A Crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier is beneficial to your health with comfort and safety. Increasing humidity in a room can relieve asthma and allergic reactions and support colds.
Sufficient humidity provides excellent lubrication of the internal cavities of the nose, which can help you recover faster and improve the health of your sinuses in general. A humidifier will also help to prevent snoring, which can significantly enhance the quality of sleep.
For safety reasons, a cool mist is preferable to a warm mist. Since a hot steam humidifier boils steaming water, there is always a risk of burns to children or pets in the unit. That’s why you should install a humidifier with cool mist instead of warm mist in any area accessible to children or pets.
Another fact is that most new humidifiers use ultrasonic vibration to evaporate water, rather than steaming water. Therefore, when the water runs out, you have nothing to worry about.
However, if you have pets like cats, these humidifiers are not the best choice because they can hear ultrasound (people don’t understand), and it bothers them.
How Does the Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Work?
Generally, the Crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier works continuously to distribute humidity at room temperature. They are available as steam or ultrasonic models. Exhaust models have an internal fuse that absorbs moisture from the tank. A fan blows around the wick and allows cool, invisible moisture to enter the air.
The ultrasonic feature creates ultrasonic vibrations to create a small fog that spreads almost silently.
Your cool mist humidifiers can be an excellent option for improving energy efficiency since they consume less energy to work than warm mist humidifiers, because water does not need to be heated, and the device is often cheaper.
It is also the right choice for families since you do not need to worry about the risk of injury from hot water. If your children suffer from croup, cold mist humidifiers can be therapeutic. Also, cool mist humidifiers are suitable for large rooms and even whole houses.
The cool mist humidifiers require careful maintenance because they are sensitive to the growth of bacteria and fungi and the accumulation of minerals. The wick should be changed every few months, depending on the frequency of use.
How to Clean Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Before knowing the process of how to clean a crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier, you may ask yourself – Do I need to clean the humidifier?
The answer is YES. If you do not clean the humidifiers regularly, they can cause health problems, like mushrooms, and other bacteria can grow. This condition may bring about health hazards for you, your family, and all other people living in your family.
However, there are ways to clean your cool mist humidifier. Most often, people mix water or white vinegar with household bleach.
- Unplug the cool mist humidifier from the power source and carefully disassemble it. Ensure that the water tank is separate from the filter and base.
- Carefully remove the engine housing and set it aside for future use.
- Fill the tank with water and add one tablespoon of bleach. Put the lid on the water tank and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Then, fill a saucepan with water and 2 cups of white vinegar. Place the filter in the saucepan and leave for 30 minutes.
- Pour a large amount of insoluble white vinegar into the bottom of the mist humidifier and leave for 30 minutes. Then remove any debris or growths and thoroughly clean with a soft brush. And then rinse well.
- Sterilize the base by pouring a mixture of 1 teaspoon per liter of water into the bottom of the humidifier. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly clean all other parts and thoroughly wash the filter, tank, and floor.
- Reassemble the humidifier, fill the tank with cold water, and resume regular operation.
Weekly cleaning of the humidifier prevents the troublesome cleaning of bacteria or fungi.
Yes, humidifiers are often recommended to people with asthma because they help to keep the airways moist. This is important because dry air can aggravate asthma symptoms. Additionally, humidifiers may also help to decrease the occurrence of asthma attacks.
Although a warm mist humidifier has its advantages, it will inevitably lose to a cool-mist humidifier in critical areas of safety, cost, and space. The above Crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier reviews will help you to decide on the best humidifier for your bedroom.