Humidifiers help to create a healthy environment to make your body relax and de-stress the mind. There are few humidifiers that comes with useful features and work efficiently to humidify your room. And HoMedics Total Comfort Warm & Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier is one of them.
This versatile humidifier is visually stunning and provides top performance to moisturize the dry air. If you are looking for a multi-functional humidifier, then this excellent humidifier will be best for you. Know more about the features and performance of this humidifier in this HoMedics Total Comfort humidifier review.
What Are the Unique Features of the HoMedics Total Comfort Humidifier?
Humidifiers offer almost same types of services. But there are something that make a humidifier special. HoMedics humidifier also contains some unique features that helps it to stand out from the other humidifiers.
1. Design: First talking about the design of the humidifier, the humidifier has quite a unique look. It has a black body with dual water tanks on the two sides and the mist spout at the top of it. Plus, it contains user-friendly and easy to use control panel.
2. Control Panel: The control panel consists of a night mode button, warm mist button, adjustable mist control surrounded by a round night light illuminated ring and the power on/ off button.
3. Dual-Mist Settings: It humidifies the air with its dual warm-mist and cool-mist options. In summer, you can humidify the room with the cool mist, and in winter, you can create a warm environment with the help of the warm mist.
Moreover, you can also adjust the mist output too, according to your requirement. Both the mist works well and will create a healthy and relaxing environment for you so that you can breathe easily.
4. Water Tank: The humidifier comes with two water tanks with a combined capacity of 1.7 gallons. Both the tanks feature a long-lasting plastic housing that makes them quite durable.
You can humidify your room for up to 80 hours at low-setting mist output, due to these large capacity water tanks. They are very easy to remove, and you can fill water in it without any hassle.
Also Read: Best Vocal Humidifier for Singers
5. Ultrasonic Technology: One of the most beneficial features of the humidifier is ultrasonic technology, which helps the humidifier to release visible mist with whisper-quiet operation. This technology converts the water into 1-5 million particles, that are evenly dispersed into the air.
6. Clean Tank Technology: The clean tank technology of the humidifier helps to prevent the growth of mold and other types of bacterial build-up on the surface of the tank. It also prevents the build-up of white dust that ruins the floor and furniture when hard water is used.
Plus, the humidifier is included with two demineralization cartridge that improves the quality of the mist and helps to disperse clean and germ-free mist into the air.
7. Auto-shutoff Function: The humidifier comes with an auto-shutoff setting that lets the humidifier to shut down automatically, when the water level in the tank is low or when it becomes empty. So, this function makes it quite easy for you, as you don’t have to worry about the humidifier running unnecessarily.
Other Remarkable Features
Night Mode Button: Press the night mode button and all the LEDs will turn off with the humidifier while running at the set temperature and mist output level. When you press the night mode button again, the humidifier will revert back to its original settings.
Warm Mist Button: When you turn on the humidifier, it will start operating at the default setting, that is cool mist. If you want warm mist, then press the warm mist button and the button will be illuminated red. It will take around 20 minutes for the mist to turn into warm mist.
Nightlight: It comes with a relaxing nightlight for toddlers. When you press the nightlight button, the round ring light surrounding the mist output control knob will glow.
Is It Easy to Clean HoMedics Total Comfort Humidifier?
Yes. You can rinse the water tank every day before refilling it and can clean the inside of the tank every week. It is easy to clean the ultrasonic membrane and the inside of the tank, all you need to do is to remove both the tanks and the base from the main unit.
Unscrew the tank caps and clean inside the tank with a 50/50 mixture of clean lukewarm water and white vinegar. Make sure to rinse and dry them before restoring them into the unit. You can clean the surface of the humidifier with a clean damp soft cloth.
What Are the Replacement Parts Available?
The replacements parts available for this humidifier are the tanks, the tank cap, and a demineralization cartridge pack. For more info, check the manufacture’s website.
HoMedics Total Comfort Humidifier Reviews from the Users
Depending on the HoMedics total comfort humidifier reviews, the users are impressed with this humidifier and the features it comes with. The dual-mist option has made it easy for the users to choose the preferred mist according to the weather. Plus, the mist output control makes it easy to control the humidity level.
The combined 1.7-gallon tanks helps them to enjoy the mist for long hours. The users found the water tanks easy to fill and clean. Moreover, ‘Clean Tank Technology’ has helped them to breathe clean and free of allergy mist. The night light and auto-shutoff protection settings also benefited the users.
The humidifier also comes with a few cons that disappointed the users. Some found the humidifier quite loud, and some faced leakage problems that ruined their floor and carpet.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the recommended room-size for this humidifier?
The humidifier is best for medium-sized rooms, I recommend 12’’x12’’ room. But you can adjust the humidity level according to the size of the room.
2. Can I use hard water?
You can use hard water, but you will need to clean it twice every week to prevent bacterial growth.
3. What is the power consumption of the humidifier?
The HoMedics Total Comfort Humidifier is 110 watts. It is affordable in using the power and available at affordable cost as well.
HoMedics is known for its high-quality products that has been helpful in providing comfort to many people and this humidifier is one of them. It is a durable humidifier with easy to use features. Plus, it will disperse a germ-free and clean mist 24/7.
The warm mist of the humidifier will reduce the dryness of the skin and chapped lips, and the cooling mist will comfort you in summer. Overall, I hope this HoMedics Total Comfort humidifier review has helped you in finding the perfect humidifier for your home.