Humidifiers are great for the winter months, but it’s important to understand that not all essential oils can be used in them. What essential oils can I use in a humidifier? There are many different types of oils that you can add to your humidifier. You’ll want to choose an oil that has properties that will benefit you most.
For example, if you have trouble sleeping, lavender or chamomile would be good choices for their calming properties; eucalyptus is also good because it helps with congestion relief during the cold season; peppermint is another popular choice because it helps with headaches and migraines as well as nausea relief!
The benefits of using a humidifier with essential oils:
What essential oils can I use in a humidifier and how?
Using peppermint oil:
- atfirst,you should be concerned that Peppermint essential oils may not be the best choice if you have asthma or allergies.
- You can use peppermint essential oils in a humidifier to help relieve congestion.
- Fill the bowl of a humidifier with water and add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Turn on the humidifier to let it run for about 30 minutes or until you can smell peppermint in your home.
- Place a towel over the top of the humidifier while it is running so that there are no spills.
- Add 1-2 cups boiling water to a pot and place the pot next to where you will be using your humidifier.
Using clove essential oil:
- Clove essential oil can be used in a humidifier to help with congestion and cold symptoms.Add a few drops of clove essential oil to your humidifier for a fresh, new scent.
- Add 2-3 drops of clove essential oil into the water reservoir or dish before turning on your humidifier.
- If you have allergies, add 1 drop of clove essential oil per gallon of distilled water for relief from congestion and sneezing.
- Add 10 drops of clove essential oil to 8 ounces of hot tea for an extra boost during winter months.
- Combine 1-2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil with 5 drops each lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint oils in a diffuser to help soothe sore throats.
- Use 3-4 drops each lemon balm, chamomile, and eucalyptus oils for a soothing bath that will relax you after a long day at work.
Using lemon or orange oils:
- Add a few drops of lemon or orange oil to your humidifier
- The scent will add freshness and remove odors in the air
- Lemon or orange oils can also be used in diffusers for aromatherapy benefits
- Use these oils in the bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, and office to help combat allergies and other respiratory problems like asthma
- Adding a few drops of lemon oil to boiling water is an effective way to cleanse the air from bad smells such as cigarette smoke.
you may also see this:
Using lavender oil:
- Lavender oil is a natural way to help you sleep.The best way to use lavender oil is to fill your humidifier with water and add a few drops of the essential oil.
- If you’re looking for faster relief, put a drop or two on your pillow before bed.
- It’s important that you clean out the humidifier every few days and replace its filter regularly so it doesn’t get moldy or start growing bacteria.
- Don’t use lavender oil around pets as they may lick their fur and get sick from ingesting too much of it.
- If you’re using lavender oil with a diffuser, be sure not to add too much because it could give off an overwhelming scent and trigger headaches who are sensitive.
Using eucalyptus oil:
- Eucalyptus oil has a cool, refreshing scent that can help you sleep better.it’s a natural way to relieve congestion and cough.Eucalyptus is perfect for people who suffer from allergies because it helps reduce inflammation in the nasal passages.
- Add 10-15 drops of eucalyptus oil to your humidifier for relief from cold and flu symptoms
- You can also add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil to the water in your diffuser or vaporizer for aromatherapy benefits.
Some precautions of using a humidifier with essential oils :
- When using essential oils in your humidifier, make sure you’re putting them on a cotton ball or cloth first before adding it to the water.
- Clean out your machine at least once every week by boiling some white vinegar or letting hot tap water run through it for 5-10 minutes.
- If you’re interested in adding more than one type of oil, make sure they complement each other well and don’t overwhelm the senses.