Hi, I’m Alex and I love to share my experience and suggestions to manage the humidity levels in any area, maybe it’s your home. I...Read more
Have you ever woken up with a stuffy nose, coughing, and sneezing? It’s probably because of the air quality in your home. An air scrubber is used to remove contaminants from the air. It does this by passing the air through a filter that traps pollutants or chemicals. here we discuss What is the Science Behind An Air Scrubber.
What is an air scrubber?
An air scrubber is used to clean the air by removing gases and particulates and trapping them with HEPA filters. The use of an air scrubber improves the indoor quality of life for anyone living there but may be required because of pollution or disease. This includes fish tanks, greenhouses, homes, medical facilities – anywhere people or plants need to breathe fresh air!
- What is HEPA filter?
- What is the Science Behind An Air Scrubber?
- Does an air scrubber help with covid?
- 5 big downsides of air scrubber :
- 5 Bestseller Air Scrubber :
- 1.BlueDri Airbourne Cleaner HEPA Air Scrubber:
- 2.ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Commercial HEPA Air Scrubber:
- 3.ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Air Scrubber :
- 4.ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Commercial HEPA Air Scrubber :
- 5.Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Purifier Negative Air Machine Air Scrubber:
- 5 big downsides of air scrubber :
- Faq’s for Air Scrubber :
What is HEPA filter?
HEPA filters can be used to clean and freshen your air. They’re often installed in homes to deal with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems. They can also be found in hospitals and other health care facilities.
The EPA defines a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter as an air scrubber intended to remove at least 99.97% of particles, such as dust and pollen, from the air passing through the filter.
A HEPA filter contains a straining device with a loose weave material that is specialized for capturing small-sized particles by size exclusion. Longer fibers provide better particle collection efficiencies than shorter high fiber surface area filters.
What is the Science Behind An Air Scrubber?
An air scrubber is a device that removes pollutants from the air by using a chemical reaction. Air scrubbers are typically used in industrial settings where there are high levels of pollution and/or particulate matter. Pollutant gases such as sulfur dioxide, ammonia gas, hydrogen sulfide, and nitrogen oxides can be removed from the atmosphere with an appropriate type of scrubbing agent.
The most common types of scrubbing agents are activated carbon, calcium oxide (lime), limestone, lime slurry, or fly ash slurry. These materials react with the pollutant gases to form a solid product which is then collected for disposal or recycling after filtering out any dust particles or other contaminants.
Air scrubbers are used in many different industries where airborne contaminants need to be removed from the work environment including hospitals, research laboratories, clean rooms, and food processing plants. There are two main categories: large-scale industrial use and small-scale residential use.
There are two types of filters – high-efficiency particulate arrestor (HEPA) and electrostatic precipitator – so make sure to read up on which one will work best in your home before purchasing one!
When using a HEPA filter, change it every 1-3 years depending on how much dust gets trapped inside; when using an electrostatic precipitator, change it every 5 years or whenever the lights stop turning green after running the machine for two hours
Which air cleaner is right for me?
Difference between an air scrubber and an air purifier:
- An air scrubber removes airborne pollutants like dust, pollen, and smoke while an air purifier filters out particles of dirt and contaminants.
- Air scrubbers use a filter to trap the pollutant whereas air purifiers have a filter to remove the contaminant.
- An air scrubber is designed for large areas such as factories or warehouses while an air purifier is designed for small spaces in your home or office.
- Air scrubbers are not recommended if you suffer from asthma because they can aggravate symptoms whereas an air purifier will help alleviate them.
- An air scrubber is less expensive than an air purifier but has a shorter life span of about one year to two years while an average lifetime for an average quality HEPA-type filters is between five and seven years.
Does an air scrubber help with covid?
Air scrubbers typically only clean the air from smells and dust particles, not from disease-causing elements like a virus. If a person with covid sleeps in the same room with someone who does not have covid, they can still catch it through breathing or touching anything that had been touched by the infected person’s hands before it is washed/disinfected.
Air is just one avenue for catching Covid, just as any living organism has an infinite number of routes for passing pathogens on to other organisms. In order to keep yourself safe from Covid, you have to practice good health habits such as washing your hands after being outside or after being at work where there are many people, avoiding contact with anyone.
Air scrubber with ActivePure :
The details of 5 Bestseller Air Scrubber :
1.BlueDri Airbourne Cleaner HEPA Air Scrubber:
The ALORAIR CleanShield BD-AS-550-BL Negative Machine Airbourne Cleaner HEPA Scrubber Water Damage Restoration Equipment for Mold Air Purifier, Single Unit, Blue is a high capacity air scrubber that will effectively eliminate mold and bacteria in the contaminated area. This unit has an advanced negative ion generator that increases the efficiency of the HEPA filter to remove airborne pollutants. The Quiet operation allows you to work without distraction while providing powerful results.
2.ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Commercial HEPA Air Scrubber:
The ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Commercial HEPA Air Scrubber is designed to provide high-efficiency particulate air filtration for industrial applications. The unit’s powerful, three-stage filtration system effectively reduces airborne contaminants in your work environment, including dust, dirt, smoke, and even mold spores. The CleanShield HEPA 550 has a variable speed control switch that allows you to customize the airflow rate based on your needs. The unit features an easy-to-clean pre-filter that traps large particles before they enter the main filter.
3.ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Air Scrubber :
ALORAIR Cleanshield HEPA 550 Air Scrubber is a portable HEPA air scrubber. The unit is CSA certified, ETL Listed, and GFCI Outlet for safety. The ALORAIR Cleanshield HEPA 550 Air Scrubber has a variable airflow from 270-550 CFM with Variable Speed control and regulator. It also features an on/off switch, automatic overheat protection, and dual power outlets (120V). This portable air machine is made of rotomolded polyethylene plastic.
4.ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Commercial HEPA Air Scrubber :
The ALORAIR CleanShield HEPA 550 Industrial Commercial Air Scrubber is a portable air scrubber with the ability to clean and purify the air. This machine has a wide range of applications such as for example car wash, pet grooming, restoration services (fire and smoke damage), mold remediation, and woodworking shops. ALORAIR Cleanshield HEPA 550 Air Scrubber can be used in any situation where there is a need to clean the air from dust particles and other impurities.
This is perfect for home repair and construction sites, sewage remediation, water, and fire damage restoration, a salon or print shop. The ALORAIR Cleanshield HEPA 550 Air Scrubber is ideal for workshops where airborne particles can be harmful to your health. It will remove 99.97% of the particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air in your workshop.
5.Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Purifier Negative Air Machine Air Scrubber:
Dri-Eaz F284 DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Purifier is a machine that can get rid of bad smells and make air clean. It has two parts. One part catches the big particles and the other catches small ones. It has a special filter to make sure it doesn’t let anything through unless it is small enough (less than 0. 3 microns). The machine also lets you hook up to rigid ducts for more cleaning power, too.
5 big downsides of air scrubber :
- The air scrubber cannot remove all pollutants from the air.It can’t clean the air in your home like a whole-house purifier.
- Air scrubbers can be expensive to purchase and maintain.The filters need to be replaced often.
- Air scrubbers may not work well in large spaces like a warehouse.
- People with asthma and allergies may find that their symptoms worsen when near an air scrubber, especially if they are allergic to mold or pollen.moreover They’re noisy and disruptive to sleep with running at night.
- Some people don’t like the idea of having a machine that cleans the air for them, preferring instead to take care of it themselves by using natural products or just opening windows on nice days.
Faq’s for Air Scrubber :
How does an air scrubber work?
An air scrubber is a system designed to clean or “scrub” the atmosphere. They typically use filters sued with an active gas (e.g., oxidizing chemicals) that captures pollutants at their source before they can affect humans.
How much does an air scrubber cost?
The cost of an air scrubber depends on what type you purchase. Most residential prices range from $400 to $2,000 and commercial pricing ranges from $7,500-$50,000.